Gene Rheaume has been an innovator in the field of Financial Transition Planning since 1989. He is supported by the team of accountants and tax professionals at Rheaume Williams Kalbfleisch.
GENE S. RHEAUME CPA, C.A., C.F.P
A Carleton University Bachelor of Commerce graduate, Gene Rheaume began his career articling for KPMG, one of the world’s top accounting firms. Mr. Rheaume received his certification from the Ontario Institute of Chartered Accountants in 1980 and became a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) in 2000.
An expert in personal and corporate taxation issues, he is the founding partner of Rheaume Williams Kalbfleisch LLP Chartered Professional Accountants, Chartered Accountants. Mr. Rheaume has also developed a solid reputation helping windfall recipients. His tax background, his experience in preparing financial projections and his ability to analyze complicated and diverse options have helped clients build wealth and make wise choices for over 25 years.
- Left KPMG in 1989 to launch RWK accounting and tax practice.
- Supplied financial transition planning services to a wide range of clients of Canada’s leading outplacement firms.
- Has provided financial transition services to hundreds of public servants caught up in many large downsizings including the Farm Credit Corporation relocation, Canadian Military’s Forces Reduction Program, and Public Works Government Services Canada’s Workforce Adjustment Program.
- Acquired detailed knowledge of several large pension plans including PSSA, CFSA, OMERS, HOOP, Ontario Teachers and Nortel Networks.
- Supplied financial transition planning assistance to thousands of employees of a wide range of organizations including large public high technology companies such as Nortel Networks. See Client List
- Completed start-up financial forecasts used for attracting financing and venture capital of over $40,000,000 for a number of local advanced-technology firms.
- Member of Advisory Board and Board of Directors of various Ottawa based technology firms.
- Developed a comprehensive retirement analysis approach used by hundreds of clients to assess their readiness for retirement.
- Mr. Rheaume is very active in the community, including previous roles with the Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa-Carleton, the Nepean Chamber of Commerce and the National Capital Squash Racquets Association.
- He is an avid hockey player and member of the Royal Ottawa Golf and Country Club and Elmdale Tennis Club.
- Mr. Rheaume is also a proud alumnus of the Carleton University Ravens football program and has been actively involved as a board member since 2011 in the revival of the Ravens.
Contact Gene Rheaume at [email protected]