We help our clients understand how their current net worth, career plans and future lifestyle will determine if they are at risk of outliving their assets.
When contemplating their retirement, clients have access to a number of advisors who can offer opinions and products (investments, insurance). In many cases, the process is not satisfactory as the analysis is boiler plate and the client is left with doubts about the advisor’s objectivity and their ability to suggest tax effective strategies. In cases where clients have more sophisticated structures such as corporations or a family trust these advisors have difficulty putting together an analysis that seamlessly combines these assets.
Capital Transitions Inc. is unique in that we’ve developed proprietary software that is completely flexible to tailor our analysis to your specific situation. The power of this approach is the ability to project detail comparable to ‘hindsight’.
The process integrates the methodology of over 25 years helping clients simplify financial decisions with the comprehensive background of an experienced tax professional.
We do not sell products. This objectivity allows you the certainty that we are acting in your interest only. We will help identify the key factors you need to focus on when making decisions such as:
- Can I afford to retire yet based on my current budget and net worth?
- If not, how much more time or money do I need or where do I need to cut back?
- Have I provided properly for events such as weddings, post secondary education, vehicles, change of residence and significant travel?
- How will my pension work and am I considering the impact of penalties for early retirement?
- How will my pension be affected by CPP integration?
- When should I begin drawing CPP and Old Age Security? Should I defer receipt?
- What other income sources are available and when is the best time for me to apply?
- How tax planning, including a spousal loan, improve my ability to enjoy retirement?
- Will I be able to achieve my estate planning goals?
- Are my plans to cut back on spending too conservative?
This objectivity allows you the certainty that we are acting in your interest only. We will help identify the key factors you need to focus on when considering your life post retirement.